Taman Negara is located in Pahang, Malaysia and is the oldest tropical rainforest aging 130 million years old!! It is offering a full-blown eco-escapade experience to outdoor lovers!
Anyway, we had a blast during our 3D2N adventure in the Jungle of Taman Negara. Here’s sharing the chronicles of our experiences during our little escapade:
1st Day, 1st Night
- We went to Teman Negara by bus from Kuala Lumpur via Jerantut, the nearest city town. After a bus stop to eat our lunch in Jerantut, we were fetched by a van to our guesthouse with other tourists. It was fun especially meeting other people who love daring adventures, too!
- Welcome dinner and Jungle Night Walk. It’s fun especially getting to know other travelers within the group. We walked from 8pm to 11pm in the middle of the dark jungle – we saw some big tarantulas and tapir everywhere!
2nd Day, 2nd Night
- After breakfast, we went to 380M trek! It was a little steep so better to wear hiking shoes! We went to 40M above the ground canopy! It was so exciting and scary because of the stony hill!
- We went boating and afternoon swimming
- Then, we waited until night to a boat safari in this river full of buffalos!
2nd Day, 3rd Night
- The last day of the Jungle Program – we went to caves with our tour guide. It has a narrow entrance and he keeps on telling us to be watchful because of snakes and wild pigs. Also, some black bears hiding.
- We also had a chance to visit the untouched tribe of Malaysia in the afternoon. These people are open for tourist visits because this is one way of them earning a living. They have their own civilization here – beliefs, foods, religion which is not Malaysian. They aren’t even registered as a citizen of this country, even no benefits of having power at night.
- We went to Jerantut by boat for a two-hour ride. Indeed, it was a different adventure – a true jungle life. Going home, I realized that diversity is beautiful – just like Taman Nagara.
Have you ever been any Jungle Adventures? What are your experiences?