2018 is nearly finished! Wow! What are your biggest realisations this year? Normally, it’s my ritual to wrap up the things I’ve learned from the past year and burn it. Since we are in the Information Age, I’ll share it on my blog.
Here are my Top Realisations for this Year.
- Having what you need is more important than getting what you want. This is the most ignored sentence but the truest of all. If we desire something and it doesn’t happen, all things get faded. But wake up! There are always a lot more to be thankful about! It happened to us when we planned to get a Visa to Germany for Christmas. We organised everything and DANNNG! It got denied. I was so devastated and things started to be grey. Three nights after being so down, I’ve met a woman who’s visa was granted – but her baby must stay in the Philippines because of the child’s Rheumatic Heart Disease. (Now, you know why it has been on my TOP list)
- Patience is a choice. You can wait while being stress, depress and negative. On the other hand, you can wait while being optimistic, doing more productive things and serving others. Whatever you choose, the amount of energy is the same. Live well. Wait well!
- The “Follow your heart” Delusion. I always hear millenials advising another, follow your heart and do what makes you happy. As a woman turning 30, those are all very false. I did it and ended up being devastated more than before. “Lead your heart” – use your mental strength and not your emotional desires because it changes every time. It’s a folly to ONLY do what makes you happy because being happy depends on outside circumstances. Search for “joy” and “love” – and you will see yourself in a better situation. I found mine in having faith in Jesus. No matter what situations occur, I have a joy that’s never fading!
- Everybody has a story to tell. The word LISTEN contains the same letters as the word “SILENT”. Hear their stories. Be curious. Raise questions.
- Move Forward and Get the Better Version of yourself. As iPhones gets newer and more updated version, why don’t you? Learn new languages not gossips. Do some arts and crafts with your friends or kids, cook an unknown dish for your family, go to a place you’ve never been before, write down your 2019 prayers and goals. So many things to learn. So little time!
- Support System. You are not and will never be alone. If you’re a mom, have a day in your week or month to see other mom-friends too! Shared lives are better than secrecy. I have my own Church-group every Tuesday. We’re sharing lives as a mom, a woman and a Christian. Together we share verses from the Bible that we experience in our lives. The best part of sharing are answered and unanswered prayers.
- Accept your share of loosing. I read a quoute long ago that says “Success is climbing to the top and saying, NEXT”! Give chances to others to be number 1 – you should not always be the shiniest star of the universe all the time. Even the sun sets everyday, simply choose to let others rise!
- Gratitude. In life’s most troubling moments, if you see your Thank You/Gratitude list from the past, you’ll see how God delivered you through it. Will you stop now? Nope. Not here.
- Connect. Old friends? Call them and recall your most special momens together. Sick aunt? Visit her to the hospital. Connect with people. They’ll love you in return and even if they don’t, do it for youself. Im sure your sleep will be better having a happy heart after doing your part.
- Pray. Our strength is sometimes loosing. Where will you ask help from? Look up. There’s always a Higher Being out there stronger and wiser than you. He knows better ways than us.
I’ve got heaps of things more to share but I want to read some of yours. Can you share to me your realisation this year?
What are you hoping for 2019? Let’s welcome our New Year with all the love in the world. Happy Bountiful New Year!