If you are searching for inner peace away from the busy cities, Koh Chang might be the best place to splash away your old groggy self. Surrounded by the blindingly turquoise water and green sceneries, luxurious resort hotels and unlimited create-your-own-activities, I believe you would come back in Koh Chang for more. About 350 KM away from Bangkok, you can arrive at Koh Chang by either flying, driving (and a boat) and by ship.
My parents-in-law from Germany visited us in Asia for the second time. Thailand is just an awesome country to be missed – so we hit our 10-day holiday in one of the best Family Islands down in the east of Bangkok – it’s another paradise called “Koh Chang.”
Here are the Top 10 Things We Did in Koh Chang, Thailand
10. We rested well enough at our chosen Santhiya Resort, Koh Chang.
9. We did a Cooking Lesson
Koh Chang has its own taste of Pad Thai, Tom Yam and Som Tam.
8. We motorbiked the whole island
and has stopped to some Instagrammable spots!
7. We shopped at the Street Markets
in a touristic price at first but you can know how far your bargaining skills can reach….
6. The obligatory massage and fish spa!
It’s a must to your vacation wherever in Thailand!
5. He dived!
my partner, Manuel is doing it to every holidays we have.
4. We hopped on to cool Restos’
Greek, reggae-themed and traditional thai? Hmmm. You can choose what’s right for your appetite!
3. We beached!
I can’t get over it! The silence, the waters and the freshest air breezing on your hair..
2. He went fishing
You can ask your hotel about their fishing program but you can also inquire outside it for a better price.. maybe same experience?
1. We enjoyed Koh Chang to the fullest
You can hop on to other islands – but for us, we chose to stay in Koh Chang and waited for each sunsets..
TRAVEL TIPS TO KOH CHANG
- Best time to go for a perfect summer weather? November to April
- Having a baby? Bring your stroller – roads are stroller-friendly.
- Don’t locked yourself in your hotel – explore outside for varieties of foods and services!
- Elephant Tourism is not cool. I highly advise you not to do it. (Let me explain it on my next post)
- TukTuk is like a pick up truck – bargain all you can just because!
Koh Chang is the Third Largest Island in Thailand – staying here for more than a week is not enough. I’m missing the orange sunsets, cool breeze and the quiet evenings we’ve had here – I totally found peace and refreshments I needed to bring to the city.
View this post on Instagram
Have you been to Koh Chang, Thailand and see the elephants crossing the roads? . . . Next time, I’ll write something about the Elephant Tourism and what we can do to be a “Friendly-Elephant Traveler” #thailand #asia #asianblogging #thailandliving #expatfamily #thailandtour #kohchangthailand #kohchangfamily #kohchangbeach #kohchangtravels #babytravel #toddlertravel #familytravel